Lemon Lime curd:
- 3 Lemons, 3 Limes juiced and finely grated rind only
- 90 grams cornflower
- 6 egg yolks
- 300 grams caster sugar
- 160 grams unsalted butter
- Combine lemon juice and rind in a heatproof bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water.
- In a separate bowl, combine corn flour and 4 tbsp water and stir to combine, then add to lemon mixture and whisk to combine.
- Add 1 cup boiling water and whisk over simmering water until thick.
- Remove from heat, whisk in egg yolks, sugar and butter until combined and refrigerate until cold. Spoon mixture into pastry case and smooth surface.
- 8 Egg Whites
- 2 cups caster sugar
- 2 vanilla bean, split, seeds removed
- Combine egg whites and sugar in a heatproof bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Whisk continuously until too hot to touch. Remove from heat.
- Put into kitchen aid and whisk on high until thick and glossy and steaming stops
- Add vanilla seeds and continue to whisk until at room temperature.
Share This Post: