- 400g Lindt Excellence 70%
- 400g double cream
- 10 eggs, separated
- Pinch salt
- 125g sugar
- 60ml Grand Marnier
- Break up chocolate and gently melt over a bain marie. Set aside.
- Mix together egg yolks and 1/3 of the sugar until pale. Mix a little melted chocolate with the egg yolks in order to warm them slightly and then add the rest of the chocolate with the yolks.
- In a separate bowl, whip cream until ribbon stage (when mixture thickens slightly and a ribbon of cream falls from the whisk). Whisk cream into chocolate mixture until smooth.
- In a clean, dry bowl, make a meringue with the egg whites, the remaining sugar and salt. Gently fold meringue and Grand Marnier into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour the mousse into a clean bowl, cover it with cling film and allow to set in the fridge for about 4 hours.
Share This Post: